Corduroy, powder, ice… no matter the conditions, all any skier or snowboarder wants after a long day on the mountain to quench their thirst and refuel their body is a big, cold, beer. Oh yeah, when that sweet craft nectar hits your lips it’s like heaven on earth… it’s like new fitted boots or freshly waxed boards on a refill day.
Wait – play this and reread that paragraph: Oh Yeah – YouTube
If you’re on your way out or just trying somewhere new during your stay, check out some good-vibe breweries and pubs that will help you heal after a long day.
Nearby Ski/Ride: Seven Springs, Hidden Valley Ski Resort, Laurel Mountain State Park
Nearby Hiking: Ohiopyle, Forbes, Laurel Ridge, Laurel Hill, Linn Run, Kooser State Parks & Forests
- Helltown Brewing – Mt. Pleasant, PA – Learn More
- Whitehorse Brewing – Berlin, PA – Visit Site
- Ridge Runner Distillery – Farmington, PA – Check It Out
More Food & Beer: Falls City Pub – Ohiopyle, PA
Nearby Ski/Ride: Timberline Four Seasons Resort, Canaan Valley, White Grass (Cross-Country)
Nearby Hiking: Blackwater Falls State Park
- Barrels Brewhouse (previously Blackwater Brewing Co) – Davis, WV – Learn More
- Mountain State Brewery – Thomas, WV – Pizza & Beer, What’s Better?
- Stumptown Ales – Davis, WV – Not Stumped
More Food & Beer: Hellbender Burritos – Davis, WV
Nearby Ski/Ride: Wisp Resort
Nearby Hiking: Swallow Falls
- Mountain State Brewery – McHenry, MD
- 1812 Brewery – Cumberland, MD – Check It Out
More Food & Beer: Green Turtle – McHenry, MD
BONUS: Pittsburgh, PA
Oh yeah, the city of dreams… er, steel. This town is chock-full of breweries and good eats! I am cutting it off at 10.
- Church Brew Works – Lawrenceville
- East End Brewing – Pittsburgh
- Penn Brewery – North Side
- Voodoo – Homestead (I have hear a LOT about this place, need to try!)
- Spoonwood Brewing – Bethel Park
- Brew Gentlemen – Braddock
- Rivertowne – North Side, Monroeville & more (This is a personal hometown fave)
- Full Pint – Lawrenceville
- Southern Tier – North Side (I love LIVE after a day of skiing)
- Bonus Bonus: Wigle Whiskey! – Strip District
Did I miss anything or is there a brew-city in your state? Leave your comments with places I need to check out!
I am thinking a Laurel Highlands wine tour write-up to come. Cheers!